15 Good Thesis Topics On Architecture Of Morocco
A few interesting topics to develop for thesis on Moroccan architecture
What is Moroccan architecture?
Moroccan architecture is prevalent in, you guessed it, Morocco, and also other western parts of the northern African region, and the Iberian peninsula.
It incorporates fusions of Islamic architectural styles and black African design styles that have very detailed and ornate features such as huge archways, rotundas, courtyards, landscape designs, and inscribed calligraphic decoration typically depicting Islamic religious teachings.
What is Moroccan Style?
The practice of incorporating old Moroccan heritage designs and styles, with all their emanating allure, subtleties and wonders, into new buildings (such as those in the United Kingdom, and the United States of America) is called Moroccan style.
Moroccan style has recently seen much development due to the changing exposure to western culture and styles.
A short list of thesis topics on architecture of morocco
- The origins of the Moroccan architectural styles and designs
- The evolution of Moroccan architectural styles and designs over the centuries
- The incorporation of Moroccan architectural styles and designs in new building constructs in the United Kingdom
- The incorporation of Moroccan architectural styles and designs in new building constructs in the United States of America
- The inclusion of the Moroccan architectural style in major Spain
- The inclusion of the Moroccan architectural style in major Portugal
- The inclusion of the Moroccan architectural style in major India
- The inclusion of the Moroccan architectural style in major Morocco
- The implications of the vogue of the Riads renovations in Marrakech on the changing paradigms of the conventional styles and designs of Moroccan architecture
- The origin and development of the Berber-Moorish tile wok which was commonly used in the archaic classical northern Moroccan and Andalusian construction works
- The fundamental elements of the Moroccan style: An investigation into the nature and range of the inclusive elements such as decorative tile work, courtyards, landscape architecture, rotundas, muqarnas and arches
- The renovation of the conventional buildings in Morocco in the twentieth century
- The role of art dealers in driving the contemporary evolution of Moroccan architecture
- The role of Islam in the shaping of the Moroccan architecture
- The emulation of heaven in the Moroccan styled buildings
All of the topics provided above could be used as they are, or may be changed as desired to fit the specific objectives of the writer.