8 Things You Should Know About The Dissertation Format
Writing a dissertation is one of the daunting tasks a student has to undertake while he/she is in a college or university. But you must remember that if you can come up with a proper paper, it will help you immensely in your academic career. It will prove whether you are capable of pursuing higher studies in your subject. There are some technicalities involved when you are given to write such a thing. When you finally submit your dissertation, your teacher will not only check what you have written but will also see whether you have maintained the technical details like academic patterns correctly or not. If you can come up with it correctly, you will be able to score good marks got your overall grade.
If you have no clue on how to write a research paper, here are eight essential tips you need to follow.
Eight things you need to know
- Think about an appropriate title for your work. Get a good grip on your syllabus and choose a topic that attracts you the most. Come up with an interesting title that can arouse interest in your teacher. It should focus on what you are studying; so that your teacher knows what you work you have conducted.
- Discuss with your teacher whether you have to follow any academic pattern or not. There are some prescribed academic styles like APA, MLA or Chicago style. Make sure that you get these patterns correct.
- Write a proper introduction. A good introduction is a genuine way by which you will be able to prove your proposition. State properly what you are willing to prove and what information you are giving your reader.
- State clearly the methodology you will undertake to do your study. The type of method you will apply for data collection, the statistical technique you will use to analyse data and the sampling method you will use to search your data- make sure you include all these points in a separate section on methodology.
- Your study should have a proper objective. A study without proper objective is baseless and your teacher will think that you have done the work without any clear set of goals.
- Do a thorough background research. Search for all the relevant texts and documents that will provide evidence in support of your hypothesis. Write them properly in your thesis.
- Analyse your data and present them by using proper tables and columns. You need to represent your data in percentages. Make sure you get your data correct. Take care of the statistical calculations you are applying. The analysed data will be accompanied with a proper report.
- Finally, conclude the discourse by summing up all the points. Never introduce any new points here. Write the conclusion in such a manner so that your teacher or reader can feel that you are giving out some hints of thinking and carrying out further research.
These are the essential guidelines for writing a proper dissertation.